SAFETY TIPS FOR HALLOWEEN
- by Alana Ashby
• Make sure your community has proper outdoor lighting so drivers can see costumes in the dark.
• If there’s no lighting, provide children a reflective trick or treat bag, flashlight, or glow stick.
• Get with neighbors and trick or treat in a group. Kids younger than 13 should be with an adult. Older kids should go in a group as well.
• Teach kids how to properly cross the street; cross at crosswalks and intersections, stop at street corners, and look both ways before crossing.
• Tell kids to only accept treats at the door. Tell them to never enter a home or car.
Alana Ashby, CMCA and owner of AMI, helped to establish and served as a Board Member for Community Associations Institute (CAI) Idaho Chapter. Alana has extensive experience in all aspects of financial management, real estate development and management, as well as negotiation.
#HOA #HOAManagement #HOABoard #HOAMember #HOAEducation #HomeownerEducation